The Weekly Roundup - 22/04/24

Sunset on a fast beach, with water in the distance and rocks at the front.

G’day you lovely lot. Don’t ask me why I’ve gone all Australian there; I’ve no clue. Maybe it’s the longing for some warmer weather! Well, I tell a slight white lie, it’s more so a two-weekly round up than a weekly this week! Also, where did the 1st of May come from thank you very much!? As some long time readers may notice, a ‘weekly roundup’ isn’t something I’ve done on here before. Coming back to the blog though, it was a little idea that filled me with a bit of joy, to share what I’ve been up to over the last week and also add to that sense of community and ‘catch up’ that I said I wanted to create here in my last post. A bit like a newsletter if you will but a good old nosey at some lovely things I’ve been up to. And if it tickles you that way, please share with me what you’ve been up to in the comments below as it’d be lovely to catch up with you and have a nosey at what you've been up to this past week too! 

Without further ado,


This week’s (or two’s) weekly roundup!


Taking it right back to the 13th, a few Saturday’s ago, I had a long awaited lovely little at-home day with my mum. As you may or may not know, I recently moved out and become the fully fledged owner of more than one room! As I’m further afield from my mum now, we don’t always get the same time to be one and be merry together so a planned chilled day to spend together was long anticipated. Prior to this, I’ve actually been quite under the weather the last month, hence why I’ve not been so visible here since coming back to the blog. Over my birthday I had a horrible cold, to only get better and then catch that awful sore throat and never-ending cough that's been going around. This second bout has been an absolute pain in the bum to shift and it’s taken me to only just a week ago to get fully back on my feet (because as always I didn’t want to stop or take time off work and burnt myself out, of course). So it was very much a cosy day at home with my mum however we hopped out to get a gorgeous little lunch at Host, one of my favourite coffee spots. 

Milky green coloured matcha latte with ice, sat on a wooden coffee table. Creamy mushrooms on toast, sprinkled with purple watercress and a green olive oil drizzle. Two plates of it on a wooden table.

I went for the strawberry matcha iced latte (my new little obsession) and the creamy garlic mushrooms on sourdough toast. Oh it was a treat! Now we're in the vicinity of many a gorgeous coffee stop and take outs, it's becoming quite the feat to map out my cake and coffee ventures! Of course, a little treat to take home was much allowed so I picked myself a rhubarb slice to courier home and we enjoyed a very Hygge-like catch up and a bit of mindful colouring. 

A crumbly rhubarb slice, in a brown card box, sat on a cream cat print blanket.

Taking time to take it slow really has become an essential with all life's little expansions (or expansion packs if you will) at the min!


Later that day, it was Ellie at home duties as Mr had taken a trip back home to cat sit. Continuing on the theme of a cosy-filled, recuperative day, I decided to head down to the sea and ended up catching the sunset for the most gorgeous evening walk.

Hints of a sunset beginning on the horizon of a sleepy beach, with little pools of water and rocks.

Sunday came and although feeling much better, I was still very much feeling wiped out from being unwell though a trip to see friends was a lovely little afternoon. We had a very delicious meal at Cash Italia, which may I just say was my first time there and oh my goodness, well I've been missing out! It's quite a traditional little Italian restaurant but I was really surprised they did such good vegan options.  It just feels really good to not be left out and Casa's menu didn't disappoint for all of us! I had the Vegan Genovese and gee wiz was it heavenly pasta heaven <3 . It was a rich, creamy pesto pasta, topped in sprinkles of pine nuts. There's no way in the world you could tell this was vegan. it was like a creamy pesto pasta dream. So I highly recommend trying this one if you're making a trip there. Following, we headed for a very fancy cinema trip to the Everyman to watch the new Amy Winehouse movie. I really enjoyed it and I think it was a good portrayal of her story, in a sensitive way. It was a good watch if you’re looking to see it. On a side note, oh my goodness how did I not know the Everyman Cinema existed and how fancy pants is it!? Okay, it was a little on the pricier side but for a pampered treat out and to be waited on, it was LOVELY! The menu goes on for days, with just about everything you can imagine, and the popcorn is also top notch. I went for a cheeky little banana milkshake with oat milk and of course, popcorn. Très bien! 

A sneaky little top up of my lipstick en route to town. Sporting my new Hourglass Shape & Sculpt Lip Liner Lip Liner in Tempt and Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution in the shade Catwalking.

Me applying the warm nude Charlotte Tibury Matte Revolution Lipstick in the shade Catwalking, wearing a beige coat and gold wreath shaped earrings.

A week whisked away later and we reach the following Sunday. I'd promised myself some scheduled coffee shop blogging time and hopped off for a coffee shop laptop date. This time I went for a Golden Goddess. It's one of my mum's favourites and she's been forever recommending I give it a try. Safe to say, I was not disappointed, just the tipple!

A golden yellow coloured latte, with white milk heart, placed on a wooden table, with a mint green tilled counter in the background.

We then roll round to the final Saturday of the three in this two week stint (that was a bit mathematical there; sorry!) and it was a jam (as it started... sort of) packed day. We took it easy in the morning and had some long deserved us time for me and Mr and headed out for a lovely little impromptu breakfast. This time we headed to Lateral and the Loaded Banana Bread was just calling my name. Truly, words cannot describe just how good it was!

Two plates of breakfast. A bacon and fried egg on toast, with chimichurri and romesco, and loaded banana bread with berry compot. Black sunglasses sit on the table between the plates. A close up shot of loaded banana bread, topped with vegan yogurt, chia seeds and berry compot.

I'd been banking all my energy post-getting-better for a big 60th celebration for an old colleague this weekend. Coinciding nicely, lovely Ellie recently shared that she's currently building up her portfolio for freelance work. If you don't know, I met the lovely Ellie at a Kylie Cosmetics event last Christmas and she's a self-employed makeup artist and my goodness she's quite the magician when it comes to makeup! Take a look at her account and you'll see she's very much au fait with the boldest of colourful looks you can imagine to the prettiest soft glam. She truly is the master of a halo eye, a skill I could only wish to behold! Back to the point of waffle, I booked in with Ellie and she glammed me up for the night, which was a lovely treat and likewise rest, as opposed to doing my own whilst building my energy back up again. Behold, the look ...

Me with a bronze glam halo eye makeup look, wearing a gingham orange dress and knitted cardigan, in car. Closed eye picture of bronze halo eye, and with voluminous lashes, black eye liner and a nude pink lip.

If you're in or around the Liverpool/ Wirral area, Ellie is currently doing makeup bookings for just £10 while she builds up her portfolio, perfect for any occasion too, for whatever look you require!

And that there was my week... or two! The very first of my weekly roundups. - Ooo gosh that sounds a bit like weedkiller doesn't it. Well I do hope you've enjoyed this new style of post and whether yay or nay, I hope you find interesting the future segments to come! As I type, I am consciously aware that the next weekly roundup is creeping around. It's tricky business keeping up with this old posting! But I love it though. Have you been up to anything wonderful or wonderfully day-to-day over the last couple of weeks?

Until my next post,

Ellie x

Comments