A Day In Port Sunlight | Life Lately

Well hello there! It's a little life post from me today and, in a sense, a bit of a life lately post. Yes, I'm back already! I really wanted to amp up my posting and, well, have done always and, as you can see, I'm finally flipping going for it! So recently I spent a little day trip exploring a little village over the water and spent the day basking in the sunlight there, taking in its quintessential beauty... with camera to hand of course! It's been a busy few months for me this first half of the year with lots of life - ugh the dreaded word - going on but between the busyness and icky bits of life I've been enjoying travelling far and wide and also making a few little trips me and my camera. I've really been trying to work on my photography this year though I really am far from any what skilled; I am the furthest from it that can be! Nevertheless though, it's a hobby I picked up as a teen when I started blogging and something I really enjoy. Earlier in the year I sat down with my dad and we also got his vintage film camera working - now that is something I'm learning to get the hang of!

Besides making many little trips down the rabbit hole of my little photograph-taking-hobby, I've otherwise been here! Between this and filming now I'm absolutely smitten but it hasn't come without bumps. Over the Summer I have been completely and utterly... well... TRAVELLING! Okay, I'm not talking backpack and a one-way ticket from here to the next place around the world but for me, I've been a fish out of water! (Or maybe a fish in a big body of water - I think fish out of water is more of a negative connotation). Nevertheless, it's been a dream! Never did I see the day I'd catch the travelling bug (all UK-based at the min though but no less the wonderful). Between lots of lost sleep and many hours of train trips I don't think my body has quite known what's hit it over recent months! So between trips and sleep deprivation (but in the best way) I have certainly found it tricky to keep on top of everything. Added to that, I've also turned to the Mac side and have gradually, over the last 6-8 months, been getting used to the Apple way of living after many years of windows. Paired with that, I've also been upping my tech game in other fields and between all of that I've also been learning to edit (I'm a bit shoddy but I'm getting there... I think) and film! So it's been a mixture of all kinds of sheerly exciting adventures and little sleep!

Nonetheless, I feel like everything is currently coming to a more paced ramble as opposed to a chaotic marathon and I've been slowly coming to a breathable stamina with everything. And just like that (SITC reference there - anyone?) I'm back to blogging! I don't think my head is completely set on an exactly fine-tuned plan on every orifice of content creation in the ever expanding sea of social media forms at current day but I feel like that's "nerve-wrackingly" exciting because, what's that saying, "you make plans and God laughs". In a sense, what I'm trying to say is, the best things are left unplanned. But what I do know is that eight years in (yep, it's my blog's eighth birthday this August), I still want to blog! And I still flipping love it! So yes, after all the changes and being thrown around like a sock in a tumble dryer I feel like I'm finally settling into a blogging rhythm that I've wanted to for SO long and that is, casually, merrily and in essence, old school style.

Okay, I really didn't think I was going to do a life update like I said in my last post but there we are!

Back to the matter in hand of the post however (I'm still just as much a rambler!) I thought it would be nice to share my little collection of pictures I took during my trip to Port Sunlight and share them in a post, so here we are...

Camera's at the ready...

   
  
  
  
  

Thanks so much for taking a flick through my little day trip snaps! I do hope you're all not melting in the current heatwave!

Ellie x

Comments